Kobeya climbing: growing from seeds at home, when to plant
Kobeya climbing - decorative, fast-growing liana. Subject to the rules of care, a loach can transform a personal plot in a short time, hide unattractive places, and create a flowering hedge. Due to its unpretentiousness, rapid growth and beautiful long flowering, the plant gained great popularity among Russian flower growers.
Dear readers! For you, we have created communities in social networks in which useful articles and interesting ideas are published several times a day! Subscribe and get useful content in a convenient format!
- In contact with
- Yandex Zen
How to determine the time of sowing kobe climbing?
The term for sowing seeds for seedlings depends on the region of growth. The whole process is long and laborious. When sowing seeds, it is important to consider that 3 days should be devoted to the preparation of seed and 15 days to germinate.
In open ground, seedlings are planted after the end of night frosts and at a day temperature of + 10-15 ° C. But since the weather is often volatile, young seedlings are covered with agrofiber.
How to prepare planting material for sowing
Kobe seeds have a dense shell and very low germination, so preparatory work must be done before planting. For this:
- Seeds are laid out in a shallow, wide container at a distance of 2 cm and poured with warm water.
- So that the liquid does not evaporate, the seed is covered with gauze or a paper towel.
- After 2 days, carefully remove the dense shell trying not to damage the internal contents.
- After cleansing, the seeds are treated in a weak solution of potassium permanganate to disinfect and prevent the appearance of fungal diseases.
- After thorough drying, the seeds are transferred to a plastic bag and cleaned in a dry, sunny place. To prevent seeds from matting and mold, the package must be open.
- Subject to the temperature-moist regime, the seeds will germinate after 14 days.
IMPORTANT! For rapid germination, the seeds are incubated for 4 hours in a growth stimulator.
Varieties of kobei climbing, which is better to choose
Kobeya climbing with proper care can reach up to 6 meters. Due to this, it is often used in landscape design for landscaping a personal plot. The plant is of several varieties. They vary in height and color of the flower. The most popular are:
- Jingle Bells. A beautiful, fast-growing loach with huge, up to 8 cm in diameter, bell-shaped flowers of a snow-white cream color. 3 meter vine belongs to heat-loving varieties, prefers to grow in a sunny place protected from drafts. Long flowering from July to the first frost. As a support, use pegs, vertical trellis or any horizontal surface.
- Calando. Tall liana with bell-shaped flowers of sky-violet color, 7 cm in diameter. Good flowering can be achieved in an open sunny place with fertile, well-drained soil. Flowering lasts from July to September. For better flowering, it is necessary to timely remove faded inflorescences.
When to sow kobe climbing on seedlings in 2020 according to the lunar calendar?
Beautiful flowering, good growth and development depends on climatic conditions, the region of growth and the influence of the lunar calendar. The lunar calendar 2020 reflects favorable and unfavorable days for sowing seeds. Thanks to the advice of astrologers, even a beginner florist can grow a strong plant that will delight with its flowering throughout the entire warm period.
Favorable days for sowing kobe climbing in 2020, depending on the month
Favorable days for sowing seeds are:
- January – 5-8, 15, 18-20, 27-29;
- February – 1, 6, 7, 24, 25, 28, 29;
- March – 4, 5, 11, 12, 27, 28;
- April – 1, 2, 6, 7, 14, 18, 19;
- May – 6, 15-17, 24, 30, 31.
Days on which astrologers do not recommend sowing:
- January – 10, 25, 26;
- February – 9, 21, 22, 23;
- March – 9, 19, 20, 21, 24;
- April – 8, 15, 16, 17, 23;
- May – 7, 13, 14, 22.
When to plant depending on the region?
Favorable days for sowing seeds are selected by region and climatic conditions. Early sowing of seeds is fraught with elongation of seedlings, poor survival, accession of diseases. Late - leads to late flowering or its absence.
In Moscow and the Moscow Region
In the Central region, sowing seeds of Kobey climbing is performed in late February and early March. The grown seedlings are transferred to the open ground in late May or early June.
In the middle lane
For Central Russia, sowing of seeds is carried out no earlier than February. Seedlings are planted in a constant place when the night temperature does not fall below + 10 ° C.
In the Urals
In the Urals, sowing of seeds is carried out at the beginning or in the middle of March. Transplantation into open ground is carried out 2-3 months after seed germination.
To plant stronger seedlings in mid-June, sowing of seeds is carried out in the middle or end of March. Since there is a chance of spring frost returning, the young plant is covered with agrofibre.
In the Leningrad region
In the Northwest, sowing of seeds begins in late February and early March. 3 weeks after hardening, the young plant is ready to move to the prepared place in the open sun.
How to choose a capacity for landing?
Climbing kobe can be planted in separate plastic cups or in boxes no more than 15 cm deep. But since the liana does not tolerate picking, experienced flower growers recommend planting seeds in separate peat cups in order to simplify the process of planting seedlings in a permanent place.
Kobe planting seed-climbing step by step
Planting kobe seeds is laborious, but not difficult. The pledge of a positive result directly depends on compliance with the landing rules:
- At the bottom of the cups, a 3 cm layer of drainage is poured.
- The tank is filled with nutritious soil with neutral acidity.
- To avoid picking, the seeds are laid out on a flat side in separate cups on moistened soil, and sprinkled with a layer of earth 1-1.5 cm.
- A peg is stuck next to the planted seed so that the grown seedlings can curl.
- The top layer is shed using a spray gun with warm water.
- The container is covered with glass or plastic wrap and cleaned in a warm, well-lit place.
- So that the fungus does not appear on the ground, the micro-plate is ventilated daily for 20-30 minutes.
- Humidify the substrate as it dries.
- After the appearance of 2 real leaves, the seedlings are transplanted by transshipment into a larger container. To develop a powerful root system, the pot should be 2-3 liters in volume.
What depth to plant
Kobei seeds are planted on the surface of moistened soil with only the flat side. Then, the crops are sprinkled with nutrient soil with a layer of 1-1.5 cm. For rapid germination, the container is covered with glass and cleaned in a warm place.
How to care for kobe seedlings when growing from seeds, what are the tricks?
In order for the seedlings to grow strong and healthy, it is important to follow simple agricultural rules. For good growth and development, a young plant needs:
- top dressing;
Kobei seeds, what to do next?
After seed germination, it is important to monitor soil moisture. Irrigation is carried out abundantly and regularly with warm, standing water. Between watering the top layer should be slightly dry. The remaining moisture from the pan is removed a few minutes after irrigation.
If the room is dry air spend morning spraying. Also, to increase air humidity, a humidifier or a container of water is installed near the seedlings.
How to feed kobe seedlings
10 days after seed germination, seedlings need to be fed. For this, a liquid fertilizer intended for flowering plants, a mineral complex, humus or poorly bred bird droppings is suitable. Top dressing is applied strictly after watering, since the ingestion of a nutrient solution on the root system of the flower in dry soil leads to burns and death of the plant.
Kobei Dive Rules
Young sprouts of kobei quickly grow and intensively build up green mass, therefore, for root development, it is transplanted into larger glasses.
Since the root system of a plant is thin and fragile picking and transplanting into open ground must be carried out with a lump of earth. How to dive a kobe:
- This procedure is carried out immediately after the appearance of 2-3 real sheets, since procrastination inhibits the root system.
- Before transplanting, seedlings are not irrigated for 2-3 days, so that the earthen lump does not crumble.
- If during the sowing of seeds the support was not installed, it is installed during a dive.
- When growing several instances, it is important to ensure that the planted plants do not intertwine with one another.
IMPORTANT! If the seedlings are too long, you can pinch the top.
Is it possible to sow seeds immediately in open ground?
Climbing kobei is grown only in the seedling method, since the seeds are covered with a dense shell and have 30% germination. Even if a young plant sprouts seeds in open ground, it will not have time to form buds and bloom.
When to plant seedlings in open ground?
Strengthened seedlings are planted in a constant place in May-June, when the threat of spring frosts passes and the night air temperature is kept within + 5-10 ° C. But since Russian weather is variable, it is better to protect a young plant with a two-layer non-woven covering material.
- Seedlings are planted at a distance of 2 m from each other.
- Before planting, the soil is loosened, and peat, humus and ash are added to the hole in a ratio of 2: 2: 1.
- After planting, the seedlings are sprinkled with soil and spilled abundantly with warm water.
- The trunk circle is covered with sawdust, peat or straw.
IMPORTANT! To get a lush vine at a two-week seedling, pinch the top.
In the Russian climate, kobey climbing is significantly different from growing in natural conditions. Interesting facts about a flowering plant:
- climbing kobeya is not able to breed self-seeding;
- is an annual;
- propagated by seeds and cuttings;
- liana reaches 3-5 meters, and in natural conditions can grow up to 10 meters;
- flowering occurs 5 months after sowing seeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to grow a beautiful, long-flowering plant, it is important to comply with agricultural regulations and listen to the advice of professionals. Making gross mistakes, the plant will grow weak, flowering will not be long, and various diseases can also join.
What to buy soil for growing seedlings?
When growing seedlings, you can purchase ready-made nutritious soil with neutral acidity or prepare it yourself. The plant grows well and develops in soil, which contains a large amount of organic matter (peat or humus). Also, for the preparation of nutrient soil, light turfy ground and deciduous humus are mixed. So that the prepared soil is airy and permeable to the finished substrate, you can add river sand, vermiculite or perlite.
How can seeds be stimulated for further growth?
For fast germination, experienced gardeners recommend soaking the seeds for 48 hours in the Epin preparation or using alternative methods. Such as:
- boric acid - dilution of 2 g per 1 liter of water. Seeds are soaked for 2-3 hours;
- mushroom broth - 100 g of chopped dried mushrooms pour 1 liter of boiling water. The broth is insisted for a day, the seeds withstand at least 6 hours;
- aloe juice - the juice is mixed with water (1: 1), the seeds stand for 24 hours;
- honey - 1 tsp 250 ml of warm water. In a honey solution, the seeds can withstand no more than 6 hours.
Why don't seeds germinate?
The germination rate of kobe colea seeds is 30%. Therefore, when sowing seeds, planting material is calculated as follows: 3-4 seeds are planted to obtain one plant. This is due to the fact that the shell of the seed is very dense and without preliminary preparation the sprout will not hatch.
Why soak the seeds?
Soaking seeds before planting increases germination. To do this, you can use warm, settled water, aloe juice, honey or biological products. Seed during germination is often covered with mucus, which must be carefully removed with gauze or a soft cloth.
How to harden kobe seedlings
In order for a kobe to quickly adapt in a new place, it must be tempered. To do this, the young plant is placed on a glazed balcony or under an open window. Outdoor time is increased daily. After 3 weeks of hardening, the seedlings are ready for transplantation into the open ground.
What to do if kobei seedlings are not growing?
If the kobei seedlings grow poorly, then the capacity for planting was incorrectly selected. In shallow containers, the plant does not have enough space to build up the root system. As a result, the young vine grows poorly and stops growing.
Kobeya climbing is perfect for decorating a personal plot. Subject to agrotechnical rules, the plant will quickly grow and develop, and will also please its flowering throughout the warm period. Often kobei is used to create a hedge, to shade arbors and decorate arches. In addition to its amazing ability to transform unsightly places, the plant has a strong nutmeg aroma that attracts pollinating insects and butterflies.